Saturday, August 30, 2008

Five Rivers 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

Tonight I picked a wine that I have been eyeing for quite some time. This Five Rivers has a very unique label (red woman figure floating in the starry night sky), every time I would make my way to the downstairs fridge this bottle would catch my eye ... tonight I finally decided to drink it. I bought this is April 2006 for a whopping $18.95 and have been sitting on it ever since. The nose was full of blackberry, vanilla, spice, dried cherry and a little bit of jamminess; while on the palate there was strawberry, blackberry, vanilla, cedar and cherry. Quite the nice bottle for a Saturday night ... not the one to watch Hamburger Hill with (all that blood and gore) I am just glad I didn't spill any on myself, would have thought I was bleeding. It was a great wine to get curious with, halfway through the movie I realize the surround speakers were not working on the stereo, so I fixed the probelm - the movie sounded much better - maybe it was a great wine afterall, although now I have to find another bottle to catch my eye.

No comments: