Saturday, October 25, 2008

Canyon Oaks 2007 Zinfandel (California)

A few weeks ago, in preperation for getting yet another few bottles of ZInfandel, I opened a bottle of the 2006 Canyon Oaks Zin. I had just ordered a half case thinking it was going to be the 2007 version of this wine, but found out it was going to be the 2006 - so I thought I'd best try the '06 again to make sure I liked it enough to get another 6 bottles (I did). Well wasn't I surprised, when I picked up my bottles, to find out that it was indeed the 2007 vintage ... hence I just had to open a bottle "toot suite" (as the French would say). Rich plum was the hallmark of this wine, from the nose clean through to the palate ... plumy, rich, succulent even more so than the '06; there was also black cherry, cola and vanilla notes - very enjoyable, and also very gone - did I really finish the whole bottle?

No comments: