Thursday, October 2, 2008

LA Cetto 2005 Petite Sirah (Mexico)

Some nights you open a bottle of wine that you are so sure you want, and when you take that first sip you realize, "this is not what I was looking for at all". - such was the case with this Mexican Petite Sirah ... sure it had all the pre-requisites I thought it would and should have: nice red fruit, peppery and a touch spicy on the tongue, the tannins had subsided and the palate was smooth and enjoyable ... but not to me. I had a glass, put the cork back on the bottle and stored it away on my counter for a rainy day that I would hope to come in the next 2-3 days, but then again maybe it won't rain and the bottle will go to, shock of all shocks, to waste. Too bad, under better cirrcumstances I would have enjoyed this one but as is often the case mood dictates the enjoyment of the wine you chose and my mood just wasn't there for a Petite Sirah - too quick with the corkscrew and not with the brain.

No comments: