Monday, October 13, 2008

Thorn-Clarke 2005 Terra-Barossa (Australia)

This blend of Shiraz, Petit Verdot, Cabernets Sauvignon and Franc is wonderful ... I have been a big fan of Thorn-Clarke wines since I tried the Shotfire a couple of years ago at an Australian tasting event - since then I have tried to put my hands on his wines whenever I see them for a good price. This one was just released into Ontario's LCBO and from what I was told by staff there it just flew off the shelf (sold out Ontario-wide according to the Vintages rep I talked to on Sunday morning - though I think there are a few bottles left here and there if you look hard enough). It may seem like a simple wine but it is pure enjoyment with a nose that has plum, chocolate, black cherries and white pepper. The palate delivers relatively the same thing, though you may want to add licorice and cassis in the mouth. Very nice, and well worth the $15.95 I paid for it.

No comments: