Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ironstone 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

Tonight is not about complicated, it was all about finding something simple and enjoying it ... I looked at an Argentinean Malbec, a Chilean Carmenere, and an American Zinfandel - but none seemed to fit the bill, too much alcohol, the average of these three bottles was 14.5% ... not simple at all - too taxing for my stuffed up head (I feel a cold coming on). While putting one of these monsters away I noticed a lonely bottle with its skirt showing (the capsule had already been removed) ... which means I had already almost drank this one once before, but something else caught my eye - I know fickle me - so it was time to show this baby some love. I pulled on the neck and this Ironstone Cab was revealed to me. I checked the alcohol, 13.5%, seems as well as I'll do this evening. I popped the cork and I was off to the races. Blackberries and raspberries, a hint of plum and a little chocolate - nothing complex here. Sipping was also an easy task, plum, cherry, chocolate with whiffs and tastes of vanilla. I didn't want complicated and that's just what I got.

No comments: