Saturday, June 27, 2009

Black Star Farms 2008 Arcturos Dry Riesling (Michigan)

Last Michigan wine review for awhile. Tonight was a lonely wine night - my sweetie, who is a big Riesling fan, had to pass on a glass because of a sore throat ... now that would never stop a professional like me, but I can see how it could interfere with the enjoyment for others. Anyway, this was one of my favourite Rieslings while I was touring the wineries of Northern Michigan and it translated nicely when we brought it home: sometimes a wine tastes better at the winery than it does when you bring it home. The nose has a sweet delicious apple and peach smell while the palate is ripe with fresh lemons, green apple and peach it ends with great acidity in the green apple with a hint of peach on the finish. Didn't finish the bottle, so hopefully, if someone is feeling better tonight, she can have a glass.

No comments: