Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scott Harvey 2005 Mountain Select Syrah (California)

Company came over for dinner tonight: pulled pork with all the fixin’, so I decided to open one of the bottles of Scott Harvey Syrah I had purchased the night before. Sometimes you get a bottle home after a tasting and it just doesn’t taste the same … this was the case with this wine – but in a good way. Using my Schott Zwiesel crystal glass, instead of a taster’s glass, the wine exploded with even more smells and flavours that I remembered. The red and black fruit were present, but I could also pick out specific fruits, like a lovely plum note, there were also cinnamons, vanilla and a lovely spiciness that went well beyond the white pepper noted in my earlier review from the night before. The bottle went quickly (and well with the pulled pork), so I am glad I was not the only one who enjoyed it, good wine, after all, is to be shared with friends and family.

No comments: