Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Domaine La Martine 2003 Cotes du Rhone-Villages "Roaix" (France)

I'm really struggling with this wine, I mean really struggling. I have been looking forward to this wine all day - I caught a glimpse of its label this morning and immediately pulled it out of the cellar for this evening's sip. But I am now in a quandary. The back label is all in French (that is not my quandary) and I have read that this wine is a blend of Syrah and Grenache, and I so want this wine to be okay; but I am getting a hint of corkiness, even so slight, and I am hoping beyond hope that maybe it's just me smelling something I don't want to smell ... but alas, 10 minutes in, a little aeration and a few sips later - this bottle is most definitely, without a doubt, corked ... damn - I really wanted that one. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

No comments: