Friday, March 12, 2010

Columbia Winery 2008 Cellarmaster's Riesling (Washington)

We're on our way back north, driving back home from Florida, and taking a different route home, up I-95 and I-77 with a stop in Savannah, Georgia just to get the lay of the land for a future visit.  We find ourselves stopping in Columbia, South Carolina eating room service salads and Terriyaki BBQ chicken wings.  My fiancee is a fan of Riesling and I have one making the trek home with us amongst my Florida wine purchases.  This Washington Riesling is delicious, if a little on the sweet-ish side, the nose is lemon, peach with hints of apple; the palate offers up lots of pear with peach and sweet-honeyed notes and a long, lingering pineapple finish - the acidity is decent but not very biting, a nice wine that took the edge off of a long day.

No comments: