Sunday, March 21, 2010

Delaforce 2004 Late Bottled Vintage Port (Portugal)

After dinner tonight I felt like a glass of Port.  I had nothing open so I looked through the Port shelf in my wine cellar.  Seems I have a few bottles of this LBV, which I don't remember buying, but I must have liked it to buy so many ... that means it was time to open it and try it, see what all the fuss in my head, at the time of purchase, was about.  I'm here to tell you, I was not wrong to buy a bunch of this.  The first thing I got was the smooth black cherry and chocolate notes in this Port, there was also a beautiful, well-integrated spice on both the nose and palate - delicious.  With each subsequent sip I became more and more enthralled with this wine to the point where I could not praise it enough:  sweet and delicious, fruity and chocolaty with just enough spice to keep it interesting.  I also found this Port paired exceptionally well with the Brix dark chocolate, though it was just as tasty all by its lonesome.  Something tells me it goes well with anything, even popcorn - and yes I did give that a go too - what is life without experimentation.

No comments: