Sunday, May 23, 2010

McManus Family Vineyards 2008 Zinfandel (California)

I have Chinese food coming so I have to make this quick.  Yes.  Yes.  I hear you saying that Zinfandel isn't exactly the match you'd be using for Chinese food, which is why I have to drink up quickly; though I suspect I will still be sipping on this one when the delivery guy arrives.  This is the quintessential Zinfandel with all the right smells and flavours.  Lots of fruit, hits of vanilla and a lovely touch of spice.  There's also some great plum nuances and the prerequisite big alcohol (14.5%) ... a lovely wine to sit and sip upon and if I were having ribs I would be in Wine and Food Matching Nirvana.   But the truth is I don't care if you don't think it goes with Chinese or not, I'm willing to take the risk ... and I'm gonna find out in about 2 minutes, the guy just pulled into the driveway.  Cheers.

No comments: