Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Umani Ronchi 2007 Jorio (Italy)

I tried this wine yesterday at an Italian tasting ... I liked it so much that I just had to find some.  So I called a couple of stores and found a few bottles, even picked some up for mom as a Mother's Day gift (hope mom doesn't read my blog regularly).  This Montepulciano D'Abruzzo is a black fruited spicy number that is simply lovely and juicy, it has enough tannins to sit for another 5+ year but it drinks quite well now.  The nose is blackberry and cassis with hits of spice and vanilla.  The palate seems to follow suit with nice blackberry, drying tannins, and some juicy black raspberry in the middle; for those interested it also has a beautiful colour.  The finish seems to dry the palate out but then it makes you want to take another sip to quench it - pretty sneak wine that way.  Lovely and very palatable ... now I'm off to find something for dinner, cheers.

No comments: