Sunday, January 16, 2011

Concha Y Toro 2008 Marques de Casa Concha (Chile)

This is rather a funny story ... it's Saturday and I am sitting in a hotel in London, Ontario with Mr. Schott Zwiesel Canada himself, Lloyd Thistle.  It is 10:45 at night, we have just returned from the London Wine and Food Show where I did a comparative glassware presentation of Schott Zwiesel stemware.  We had quite a few wines to pour and thankfully we had one bottle left of this delicious Cabernet Sauvignon from Concha y Toro (thanks to Select Wines Merchants for their generous contribution to our last wine of the day).  We brought it to the hotel room to watch the last of the Atlanta - Green Bay game and unwind from the days activities.  So here we are, in the room, and I ask Mr. Lloyd, "Where are the glasses?"  He slaps his head and says, "(expletive) I left them at the show, I meant to grab a box." (and I obviously did not bring mine or I never would have asked).  So here we are, the guy who swears he'll never drink out of crappy stemware again drinking with the guy who sells good stemware for a living, drinking a deliciously big black fruited Concha Y Toro 2008 Marques de Casa Concha out of water glasses ... the good news is the wine is big enough and powerful enough and good enough to withstand even this crime against wine.  Something tells me the next time Lloyd and I travel anywhere we'll each bring glasses, meanwhile we were just a couple of boneheads drinking wine watching the football game telling each other that the wine was still pretty good (it was, but you just know the right glass would have made all the difference).  Cheers Lloyd.

No comments: