Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vintjs 2008 Garnacha (Spain)

Tonight's wine is being drunk Italian style ... I am in a hotel room in Utica, Michigan, once again I find myself without proper stemware (or even glassware) and with some beautiful wines to possibly drink.  But the good thing is I am bringing the beauties back to Canada with me, where I have a plethora of glassware that'll make 'em taste great (as long as they are as good as the labels tell me they are).  But for now it's a juice glass and a $5.99 Garnacha purchased from Trader Joe's.  It's actually a 2008 red blend (labeled as Garnacha) from the Aragon region of Spain, made up of 80% Garnacha, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Syrah and 6% Merlot with a whopping 14.5% alcohol.  Dark purple in colour, smoky-vanilla-plum on the nose and lots of dark spiced fruit on the palate.  I would have given this one a few years to age, had I not seen the bright red plastic cork sealing the bottle ... oh well, at 5.99 it was never meant to age - it's definitely a suck it back (in a hotel juice glass) kinda evening.


No comments: