Thursday, March 31, 2011

St. Lucas 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina)

In truth, this was one of these wines that I picked out of the cellar a few days ago, but with salmon on the menu last night there was no way I was going to try and force a big Cab down my throat.  Those who follow my drinking habits know that I am not one to follow the conventions of wine and food pairing, but salmon and Sauv (Cab) seemed even too far out there for me.  So it was off to a friend's house for pork and Cabernet - and this worked out quite well.  I was wondering just how this wine stood the test of time (afterall it was 8 years old) but I think it held beautifully, lots of dried blackberries on the nose while the palate delivered more dried blackberry, dried black cherry and some well integrated chocolate ... no complains from me here.  Smooth and delicious I have written down in my notes, had we not done a small tasting beforehand I am sure we would have finished the bottle.

No comments: