Saturday, August 11, 2012

Smoking Loon 2009 Old Vines Zinfandel (California)

With no mention as to how "old" the Old Vines are I can't verify that statement, but I can tell you that this $15 wine (just coming into Ontario on the general list) is a full-flavoured and red fruited gem that will have you sipping and savoring the night away.  I pulled this one out for burger night when my in-laws were in town and heard nary a complaint from my usually vocal father-in-law; truth is this was the only wine I pulled out that I had no idea about before I poured it ... dangerous when trying to impress those around you ... but being that I was using the BBQ and burgers, salads and slaws were on the table, Zinfandel seemed to be a perfect match.  Recommended and Father-in-Law Approved.


No comments: