Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vina Cobos 2008 Felino Cabernet Sauvignon (Argentina)

It's been a long day ... my feet hurt and I'm tired ... dinner is still an hour away and I pour my wife and myself a glass of Featherstone 2012 Black Sheep Riesling - as I get to pouring my second glass of Riesling my wife suddenly gets very possessive (she's had a hard day too it seems), "Hey," she says loudly form the other room, "get your own wine and leave my Riesling alone."  Gosh darn it she's right, why am I wasting a hard day on a Riesling when what I'm really craving is something with some umph.  I look on the wine rack upstairs (too lazy and tired to go down to the cellar) and find a bottle of Felino 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon ... my wife, not knowing what I am up to, pipes in with, "someone on Facebook says it's Cabernet Sauvignon Day" ... that's good enough an excuse for me.  I pull the wine off the rack, pop the cork and take a sniff.  The nose is loaded with cassis, blackberry, spice and cocoa powder ... the palate is white pepper and spice before it brings out the rich fruit flavours of blackberry, black currant and black raspberry, following it up with some cinnamon and a dollop of chocolate.  Now that hits the spot.  Sorry about the Riesling mix-up dear, I don't know what came over me.


No comments: